Gentle Tooth Extractions
Constant tooth or jaw pain, swelling gums or sharp pains in your roots can all be signs that a tooth may need to be removed. Tooth extractions don’t have to be stressful when you’re in the reliable and gentle hands of your trusted dentist in Clemson, SC.
The compassionate and highly trained team of dental experts at Carolina Oaks Dental Care provide stress-free and relaxed tooth extractions. We know a lot of patients have anxiety when it comes to dental procedures like a routine tooth extraction and we help you stay relaxed and comfortable during each step of the process. Your continued dental health and comfort are always our top priorities, during any procedure.
Do I Need My Tooth Extracted?
Extraction procedures are always used to promote the continued health and strength of your teeth. Here are a few reasons you may need a tooth extraction:
- The tooth is beyond repair and cannot be saved.
- The tooth is decayed to the point that it has become a threat to the health of surrounding teeth. A single infected tooth can ruin many neighboring teeth and even cause more serious health issues.
- A tooth is impacted or stuck in the gums. If the tooth is fully impacted, it may cause alignment issues and jaw pain. If the tooth is partially impacted, it creates crevices for bacteria to travel under the gums and infect other teeth.
- A tooth is blocking the eruption of another tooth.
- A wisdom tooth is coming in crooked or creating crowding issues for the other teeth. Wisdom teeth are also difficult to care for properly and often cause hygiene and dental health issues.
Am I a Candidate for Tooth Extraction?
Not everyone is a good candidate for tooth extraction. Here are a few precautions to consider before considering an extraction procedure for your tooth:
- If you have undergone any chemotherapy treatments recently, you will not be a candidate for the extraction procedure. Chemotherapy patients have weakened immune system due to exposure to radiation. You will need to recover from the chemotherapy before you can consider removing any teeth.
- If you have been taking any bisphosphonate medications, you cannot have a tooth extraction. These medications, often used treating osteoporosis, increase risks of decay in the structure and strength of the jaw bone.
- Smokers will need to stop smoking altogether for 24 hours, at the very least. Smoking increases the possibility of dry socket, a disease that occurs when the nerves and bones of your teeth are exposed to air. During dry socket, clots are unable to form properly, and the tooth and root system becomes more vulnerable to germs and bacteria.
They are happy and have the brightest smile
“I was very impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone was. I love the location, its very convenient to where I work so making it very easy to visit during my lunch hour. Just a great experience, would definitely recommend”
“After moving around the country the last few years I am embarrassed to admit making time for dentist appointments was not a high priority. I went in for a check up and cleaning today and they made me feel very comfortable and welcome. My cleaning was more than a bit over due and I was expecting
to be very sore after. Just the opposite, she was very gentle and understating of my procrastination. I made my next appointments with no hesitation. Pleasant experience and that says a lot when it refers to a dentist appointment”
“Couldn’t be happier! The staff are so friendly and personable; appointments are quick yet thorough. The best service I’ve ever received at a dentist office.”
“The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful!!! I did not hesitate to refer my family and friends.”
“Great dentist office in awesome location…staff is extremely nice, professional, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this office to anyone looking for a new dentist.”
“I am so happy I decided to pick Carolina Oaks as my new Dentist! They are so friendly. If you need a new dentist, go here! You won’t regret it!”
Come In and Relax, You’re in Great Hands
Tooth extractions seem scary for many people, but the truth is they are simple procedures that can be done quickly and give you immediate relief from your pain. Extractions can also immediately improve the health and structure of your teeth and jawbone. If you’re experiencing dental pain, stop suffering because of anxiety. The highly skilled team of gentle dentists and dental assistants are here to provide you with compassionate care. We will make sure you always feel calm, relaxed, and comfortable. Call us today at 864-654-6700, and we’ll have you feeling much better right away.
The Carolina Oaks Clemson, SC
is across from the 12 Mile Recreation Park
1000 College Avenue
Clemson, SC 29631
Phone : (864) 654-6700
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
8:30am - 12:30pm
1:30pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday – Thursday
8:30am – 3:30pm